Wood art has become very popular in recent years. The modern home design and architecture style is very minimalist and restrained. This style can seem almost bland if you don’t add a few interesting and unique elements. Hand-carved wood art is the perfect addition to such an environment because it introduces some warmth and rustic touches to space.
Types of Hand Carved Wood Art
You can choose different kinds of wood art based on what kind of vibe you want to achieve. Some options fit different budgets, styles, and preferences. Here’s a look at some of the choices available:
- Unique Furniture Pieces–Unique furniture items like mantels, staircases, and moldings are a perfect addition to any home. Mantels are more discreet than stairs but they add beautiful warmth to living rooms. Stairs add grandeur that can leave people speechless in awe.
- Stand-AloneArt–Stand-alone pieces are also a great investment as you can take them with you if you move. Hand-carved wood art pieces like tables, cabinets, or beautiful sculptures will add a touch of warmth and sophistication to your property.
Invest in a unique piece that suits your style and decor.You can consult with a professional or browse through a store’s home page to find pieces that inspire you.
Places for Wood Carved Art and Decor
Many homeowners struggle to find a good place for their hand-carved wood art pieces. They want these pieces to catch the eye immediately but still fit in with the décor of the space. Here are some options to consider:
- Public Foyer– Public foyer is the perfect place for large installations like hand-carved staircases. It is also a good place to install a big, attention-grabbing sculpture.
- Lobby – Lobby is a good place for sculptures, staircases, and benches. Some people also like to place wooden mirror frames and similar items in lobby areas.
- Meeting Location – A good table and a few wooden decorative elements will ensure a meeting room doesn’t look very bland.
- Public Outdoor Areas – Public outdoor areas like pathways and gardens are also a good place for high-quality wood accents.
- Outdoor Seating Areas– You can also place these art pieces in patios, lawns, and outdoor dining spaces, and similar seating areas.
Wood is sophisticated, but it can accentuate the natural elements of your outdoor space well. Some sculptures are made from naturally-resilient hardwood that can handle harsh weather conditions well. Choose the pieces carefully based on your home’s décor and personal design preferences. The last thing you want is to invest in a piece that stands out like a store thumb because it is simply not suitable for your space.